.

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Knowing a foreign language means much more than knowing words and the Essay

Knowing a foreign language means much more than knowing words and the rules to combine them - Essay Example Knowing a foreign language means much more than knowing words and the rules to combine them Since I know that words and grammar alone would not be necessary, I would have to find out the exact meanings behind what I intend saying or communicating. This is because people will look up to me when I make use of the foreign language. Then again, my comprehension is such that the context receives more significance because it is something that shall put words into proper play (Bissell 1989). It will teach me where to use what and how to make things work as far as my communication domains with a foreign language is related. I will master such concerns easily when I exactly know where I am lacking and what efforts I am making to reach the intended destination. My plan is to have as less mistakes as possible so that my concentration is based on solid footing. It will allow me to experience my own nuances and comprehend things that are significant from second language adoption mechanisms. I am confident that my plan shall see the light of the day if I remain headstrong and consistent because learning a foreign language is always seen as a difficult task. Many people have avoided such a realm within their fore and my learning would not be taken as an exception. Then again, I will give my best to make sure that my plan meets success. What is even more pivotal is the fact that I shall learn new things along the way, which on any given day is a positive for me. I am supremely confident of my abilities and skills as this is the reason why I am consistently moving ahead. Even though it is always a good sign to know the rules of the foreign language, the fact of the matter is that learning a new language requires patience, empathy and understanding by all concerned, and not just the learner himself. Some believe that it is an easier task than people think it to be, this is not reality in the sheerest sense. The need is to find out how people adapt towards learning a new language which is foreign more than anything else. I will make sure within my plan to remain as clos e to the context as possible because this is something that will win me favors anytime. If I remain stuck on to the contextual details, my learning of the foreign language will be done easier (Kelm 2003). But if I lose track somehow, there would be a number of problems as far as learning is related. It will make me feel disjointed with the foreign language that I am trying my best to master. I will do everything within my grasp to comprehend the rules and dictum that this new language brings and try to relate the same with what I have learned within other languages in the past. For me, the foreign language will not only be a language but also a way of life, a different cultural manifestation that I shall get to know within the future. I am certain that this will go a long way in detailing what is deemed as my strength and what shall remain as something that I have still to gather in the coming times. As far as my particular emphasis is concerned, I will focus on getting on to the co ntext more than mere grammar and spellings. I will also give secondary importance to sentence structure but what would remain quintessential is how I shall take up the context under which the foreign language is being learnt. I will follow up my plan by being vigilant and focusing more on what I need to learn along the way. This will mean that I shall derive support and encouragement from the people who already know the foreign langu

No comments:

Post a Comment